Friday 18 November 2011

What does love have to do with it?

EVERYTHING!!!

The other day a friend of my father asked me, why I should work so much. meaning why it was so important for me. And for some reason I didn't know what to say. One obvious reason could be that I need to work to make money to pay my bill's, but for some inexplicable reason the question made me go mute.
We started talking and she pointed out that it had to be hereditary, since both my older brother and dad, was the same. Now my father is retired but when he was young and brisk he worked 24/7. I know, cause I lived with my mom, and rarely saw him. My dad, of cause was in show business - actor and compère, and now I know why he worked so much.
My brother is a sound technician, and works on Concerts, and in television, so the story repeats it self there. And I am a dancer, choreographer and dance-pedagogue. Bottom line is that as much as we work for the wages - we are so lucky as to have jobs that we love and therein lays the key - Love has everything to do with it!
Which is probably what I should have told the friend of my dad. Told her that maybe the reason why we want to work so much is because we have been fortunate to make our hobby to our work. And as much as they can be time consuming and stressful these jobs, or at least for my part that is, they are also where we relax, empty our brains, focus, regain strength and work with our friends. That can sometimes be difficult for bystanders to understand, bystanders not in the same business, but I hope and think that everyone who has a job that they love and which inspire them, understand this.

Moreover in this business, that be the show-business, love is essential. Ultimately you can say that, if you don't love what you do, there is just no way getting trough it.
A teacher once said it like this: "If you can imagine yourself doing and loving anything else - then that's what you should be doing." Cause showbusiness can be a hard business to be in.

I guess the blog of today is both for bystanders and students - or people who don't understand why we, in this business, work as much as we do.
The answer is simply "We are fortunate to have a job which we love, a job that inspires us, and a job that gives us strenght".

The friday goody-bag you get when pressing the headline.
God I love show-buiss;)

Enjoy your weekend!
Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to connect the art scenes...

We, who are a part of Filomusi Productions, wish to expand the art scene of Aarhus and connect despite of genres? And as we might have some ideas it is commonly known that 2 brains think better than one, so we are always keen to hear about ideas that can help us connect. If you're out there and have an idea as to how music, theater, videography, dance, art and poetry can become one, write us and we will take it in to consideration on our next board meeting.

Thank You