Monday 7 November 2011

Sometimes you meet....

Sometimes you meet a person, read about someone or hear of someone. It can be quotes or a life philosophy, which inspire you to become a better you. Maybe it inspires you to focus in your life, to travel, to learn.
It can be a book that inspires you to hear a new type of music or, drink a new drink or go somewhere you've never been before. Whatever it is or whoever it is to inspire you - surround you with him/her/them or it.
Because sometimes inspiration is what we need, to move forward in this world.
Very often I think to my self that I am lucky. I am lucky to live in a country with one of the best health-insurances in the world. I am lucky to live in a country where education is free and a right for everyone who wish to attend it. I am lucky and privileged to have a job that I outmost love. And I am lucky to live surrounded by nature, my family and friends, and to have a home that I can call my own. All this helps me, and the people in my life inspire me to be the best self that I can be.
And with that inspires me to be a better danceteacher, a better choreographer and a better dancer.
They help me get back on to the horse when I am down and make me laugh when I am hit with the blues.
Really what would life be without someone to inspire, someone to love and cherish, and without someone inspirering and loving you. Someone to share your success and failures with.

When I went to High School I had a teacher in french who was most amazing.
She always told me to focus. She told me that I couldn't do everything at once and that with that many classes, and dance, and work, I needed to put my energy in some classes more than others, instead of always feeling guilty of not being perfect in all my classes, which ended up being me not being good in any. I always remember her. And I saw the results when I then started to focus. Her insight you just might say.

I think as a teacher we have a major responsebility to inspire a new generation.
My french teacher inspired me, although it took some years before I really understood what real focus was. And it took another very wise man, called Daisaku Ikeda - my menter in life (press the titel of today for info) to teach me that fully.

He said: "No matter what happens, you must live life fully, from where you are, as who you are and without regrets. Cultivate your destiny with your own strength."

and: To live your life fully. This can sound seamingly simple, but is very difficult. A world that seems glamorous, is what people is likely to be fascinated by. For example you can be in doubt whether there is a job that is better suited to you than you already have. Which result in neglecting the one you already have, being busy digging trough all the other options. It happens way to often that you are then not able to find something and waist your life away.

"Digging into right where you stand. There, you will certainly find the source."

I really hope I have translated him so that these words of wisdom is brought to all of you out there correctly.
For now they have inspired me being a better teacher, a better dancer and a more focused choreographer - and hopefully a kinder boss. And maybe their advise on life can inspire you.

I hope you will all enjoy life from where you are at, and if you are at a point of struggle remember that winning a struggle is when you begin to really inspire others.

Love, Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment

How to connect the art scenes...

We, who are a part of Filomusi Productions, wish to expand the art scene of Aarhus and connect despite of genres? And as we might have some ideas it is commonly known that 2 brains think better than one, so we are always keen to hear about ideas that can help us connect. If you're out there and have an idea as to how music, theater, videography, dance, art and poetry can become one, write us and we will take it in to consideration on our next board meeting.

Thank You